An article in “Atmospheric Environment”: microbes and allergens that normally float in moist air will settle and stick to the moisture of our skin and sinuses when the air is dry. This, in turn, increases the risk of infection and asthma.
The article goes on to describe several high tech and expensive ionization systems. In the end, the simple solution is to have a humidifier. My rule of thumb is this: If the heat is on, put on the humidifier.
There is quite a range of options here. While I love my fancy ultrasonic machine, with a bit of maintenance, a simple vaporizer does the trick. Recently, I even found an excellent low maintenance, anti-bacterial, ultrasonic humidifier at Walgreen’s Drug Store for under $45.
“My name is A.C. and I did the Bio Allergenix allergy treatment at Dr. Leonard Rosenblum’s office in May 2009. It has now been a year since I completed the treatment and I am still blissfully allergy free. Usually during this time of year I would be inside, with the windows closed and my air purifier working around the clock just to get some relief from my severe allergies.
But now, thanks to Dr. Lenny and Bio Allergenix, I am able to walk freely outdoors and not be affected by sneezing, itchy eyes, and an itchy throat; this is unheard of for me for at least 20 years. I now notice all the people around me complaining about their allergies, and I am so thankful that I no longer have to be a part of that conversation. I even forgot I ever had any allergies!”